SAN ANTONIO – A shooting on the East Side claimed the life of a man and left another in the hospital with a gunshot wound to the neck.
Neighbors described the scene as a gun battle that started at a house in the 500 block of South Olive Street Monday around 10:30 p.m.
“Just ruckus, then shortly after that, a bunch of gunfire. It was quite a while, like a good two minutes,” said a neighbor.
Police said both victims apparently fled the scene in opposite directions after the shooting and one made it to the 700 block of Nevada where he collapsed.
Investigators said the collapsed victim had been shot at least twice — in the shoulder and in the chest. He was placed in an ambulance, but pronounced dead at the scene.
Around the same time, officers located the second victim, a 19-year-old man, at a home in the 600 block of Mesquite. First responders transported him to San Antonio Military Medical Center in serious condition.