Killed – John Lincoln (Colleyville, TX)


A Dallas man was fatally shot by North Richland Hills SWAT officers Thursday night after a 2 1/2-hour standoff at the man’s mother’s house in Colleyville, police reported.

John Lincoln, 49, came out the front door, yelled obscenities and pointed a handgun at officers, who shot him, police said.

Officers had been sent to the house in the 4100 block of Lexington Parkway in Colleyville at 7:10 p.m. Thursday after a 911 caller said a man was threatening his mother.

When officers arrived, they reported that they could see through windows an armed man and a younger woman, who was later identified as Lincoln’s 18-year-old daughter.

Tristan Hallman reports at 12:04 p.m.: A man gunned down by police Thursday night in Colleyville was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, the man’s family said.

John Lincoln, 49, had been drinking with his father Thursday evening before he went over to his mother’s house in the 4100 block of Lexington Parkway, said Kim Sharif, Lincoln’s sister.

COLLEYVILLE (CBS 11 NEWS) – A Colleyville family is upset with the way a standoff ended Thursday night, resulting in the death of the suspect — who is a brother and father.

Colleyville police responded to the home on Lexington Parkway, after receiving a call that a man was threatening to kill his mother who lived there. Police from several cities and SWAT teams surrounded the home, and tried to talk the man, who was armed with a handgun, out of the house. Colleyville police aren’t releasing the identity of the man, but family members say he is 46-year-old John Donald Lincoln.

Lincoln’s mother was not home, but family members say his 18-year-old daughter, Erin, lives at the home, and was present at the time of the incident.

Police say they communicated with the man over the phone, but he refused to cooperate. About two and a half hours into the standoff, police say the man leveled the gun at officers, and three members of the North Richland Hills SWAT team opened fire. The officers shot the man several times, and he was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s